ABOUT DOG BOARDING
Dog Boarding Overview
Key Features of Boarding Your Dog at Mountain Pets
At Mountain Pets, we take great pride in offering an unparalleled dog boarding experience that prioritizes your pet's well-being and happiness. The top three benefits to our homestyle boarding environment include a low stress environment which maintains your dogs emotional well being, healthy socialization with other dogs due to low volume of well-vetted dogs, and lack of digestion upset due to ease of transition into our familiar home environment. Our key features of boarding here include:
1. Home Boarding with Our Two Dogs: Your dog will become part of our loving family during their stay, enjoying the comforts of our home alongside our two Australian Shepherds.
2. No Kenneling or Isolation: We believe in creating a stress-free environment, with no kennels, isolated rooms, or unnecessary noise. Your dog will thrive in a cozy and relaxed setting.
3. Quality Individualized Care: We value quality over quantity, and we limit our clientele to 2-3 dogs at a time. This allows us to provide personalized attention and care to each furry guest.
4. Compatibility Assessment: Every dog undergoes a comprehensive intake process to ensure compatibility with our boarding environment. This ensures a harmonious and enjoyable experience for all.
5. 24/7 Supervision: Dogs are integrated into our home and sleep in our bedroom, granting us insight into their well-being round-the-clock, ensuring their comfort and safety.
6. Off-Leash Trained Dogs: We specialize in off-leash trained dogs, providing a secure and enjoyable off-leash experience for those with reliable recall.
7. Daily Walks and Hikes: Your dog will delight in 1-3 miles of walks and/or hikes each day, with no additional cost. For seniors or less active dogs, we offer slower strolls.
8. Expansive Outdoor Space: Our 200-acre property boasts an enormous yard, field, and deck, providing ample opportunities for supervised play and outdoor relaxation.
9. Regular Potty Breaks: Your dog will have potty breaks every two hours or as needed, ensuring their comfort and well-being.
10. Healthy Socialization: Our boarding environment fosters healthy socialization among like-minded dogs, promoting positive interactions and fun playtime.
11. Complementary Toy Trunk: Your dog will have access to our Mountain Pets toy trunk for indoor play, keeping them engaged and entertained while not exploring the outdoors.
12. Private Feeding Spot: Each dog has a private and safe feeding spot, promoting a stress-free mealtime experience.
13. Access to Clean Water: Providing access to clean water is a top priority, and we monitor your dog's water consumption to ensure they stay adequately hydrated during their stay.
14. Seasonal Water Fun: During appropriate seasons, dogs can enjoy refreshing dips in the pond and shallow streams, adding excitement to their stay.
15. Photo and Video Updates: We recognize the bond between you and your furry friend, and we are committed to keeping you connected during their stay. To share the joy and moments of their time at Mountain Pets, we will send you daily updates with photos or videos via text, however, we may skip an occasional day. If you don't receive an update on a given day, you can assume no news is good news. Rest assured, your dog is receiving consistent care and attention. Please know that we will always contact you should there be any questions or issues that come up which require your attention.
A Note About Off-Leash Privileges:
At Mountain Pets, we prioritize the safety of all dogs while off-leash, making it a crucial aspect of our service. To maintain off-leash status, your dog must consistently exhibit excellent recall. In the event of safety concerns with your dog's off-leash behavior, we reserve the right to switch them to leash-required status, with corresponding charges. If your dog lacks strong on-leash skills, we may request alternative boarding accommodations of your choice to ensure their well-being and exercise needs are met in a secured area.
We look forward to welcoming your beloved dog into our home and providing them with a memorable, safe, and enjoyable boarding experience at Mountain Pets. Your pet's well-being is our top priority, and we are dedicated to creating a loving and nurturing environment throughout their stay with us.
A Dog's Paradise
Mountain Pets is licensed with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement as a boarding kennel, License # 17360, K Class BK1. The Bureau performs 3 unannounced inspections per year. Mountain Pets does not have or use kennels or outdoor caged runs as a part of our dog boarding service. Anyone or business who boards at least 26 dogs per calendar year for compensation is required to hold a state issued kennel license.
Our Home and Amenities
Welcome to our picturesque three-level home, nestled on 200 acres of unfenced land, secluded far away from any main roads. Our tranquil environment provides the perfect backdrop for a peaceful and enjoyable stay for your furry friends.
Our family consists of myself, Joanna, my partner, Aaron, and our two Australian Shepherds—a spayed female, 11 years old, and weighing 50 lbs, and a neutered male, 6 years old, weighing 20 lbs. We are a dog-loving household with a deep understanding and appreciation for canine companionship. Aaron has a wealth of experience owning and training various breeds, including Labrador Retrievers, Springer Spaniels, and Setters. While dogs may sometimes take a special liking to Aaron, I am solely responsible for meeting all of your dog's needs, including feeding, exercise, and overall care.
Our property boasts mowed paths, fields, logging roads and a gravel lane, providing a variety of options for dog hikes and walks. The presence of a pond and seasonal ephemeral streams offers delightful water activities during appropriate seasons. For senior dogs or those with limited mobility, we have a nice flat lane, perfect for a gentle stroll or a break from the sun.
Please note that we do not have kennels or outdoor runs on our property. Instead, dogs are integrated into our home and daily routine, joining us in various activities. We believe in providing a homely and comforting atmosphere for our furry guests. Crates are available for indoor crating, as requested by owners or for management purposes.
At mealtime, we do not offer dogs human food treats while cooking or eating, and we discourage begging behavior. However, we do provide occasional dog treats or can adhere strictly to specific dietary requirements. Our experience includes handling dogs with various needs, such as allergies (e.g., Gabby, our older dog, has a chicken allergy) and helping dogs with weight loss.
As for sleeping arrangements, all dogs sleep with us in the bedroom. We provide our own dog beds and crates, which are thoroughly cleaned between uses.
While we currently do not have a fenced-in area, we are more than happy to accommodate dogs who need to be leashed for potty breaks and walks/hikes, as long as they are well-trained to walk on a leash.
Thank You for Considering Us
Thank you for taking the time to read about our home and the care we provide to dogs during their stay with us. We aim to create a loving, comfortable, and enjoyable environment for all our furry guests.
For more information about our dog boarding services, please visit our Dog Boarding Services page under the Services tab. You can also get a glimpse of our beautiful surroundings by checking out the Dog Boarding Image Gallery page.
If you have any questions or are interested in booking our services, we are here to assist you. We look forward to welcoming your beloved canine companion into our Mountain Pets family and providing them with an unforgettable boarding experience.
Mountain Pets carries pet sitters business liability insurance as well as Care, Custody and Control Insurance, which offers coverage for veterinary medical expenses for injury or illness of your dog, regardless of fault, while your dog is under my care and control.